Sunday, March 12, 2023

Girls Weekend

Fairly low key weekend for me & the kids.

In Caleb's absence we hired Fabrice to drive us around when we need it.  I had him take me to the market Saturday morning to get food for the week.  In the afternoon, Mazie had a playdate (she doesn't like that I'm calling it that) at a friend's house.  Apparently about 10 kids were there, boys & girls, and they played video games and hung out.  Mazie reports that their house was big (like ours back home) and nice and wonders why we aren't living in a house like that here.  

Dropping Mazie off...

Athena, Lexi, and I went to Umusambi Village, a wildlife reserve set up for Grey Crowned Cranes rescued from captivity. Great ecopark with walking paths, lots and lots of birds, and a nice "Nature Bingo" game for kids that kept them entertained.





Check out these ants!

Then we picked Mazie up and had dinner at Sole Luna (pasta & pizza).

Today was a quiet mostly stay-at-home day.  Mazie had a short field trip for a school service-in-action project in the afternoon, but Lexi, Thenes, and I stayed home, made corn tortillas (with corn flour Theo gave us from corn he dried out in our yard, and with the tortilla press Ahya brought) and banana bread, and enjoyed a real big rainstorm.





Ready for another school week, and looking forward to Caleb's return a week from tomorrow.

No comments: