I'm sitting on my back porch having lunch. Kids are at school, Caleb is in Colorado, and Ahya is currently on a plane from Addis Ababa to Washington DC. I believe Theo went out to church (he showed me a Bible and pointed out before leaving this morning). Violetta may be around but I haven't seen her in a while. For probably the first time since we arrived, I have no plans today between walking the kids to school at 8 & walking to pick Lexi up from after school gymnastics at 5. (M & A will walk themselves home at 4.) I've been relishing uninterrupted work time - I wrote up some notes this morning about a potential collaboration with the U Rwanda School of Public Health around climate & health research and education and sent those to the Dean of the school, who I met with a couple of weeks ago. Also spent some time checking little things off my work list... finding receipts, responding to emails, reviewing student admissions applications. I also signed up to give a short talk for the Green Hills Primary students tomorrow for International Women's Day, so I've gotta figure out what I'm going to tell them. Will get back to that in a minute... for now, soaking up the relative quiet and taking some deep breaths.
No comments:
Post a Comment