Sunday, October 16, 2011

Athena is 2 Months Old



Here are her stats: 22.75 inches long (65th percentile), 11 lbs 2 oz (56th percentile), 38 cm head circumference (23rd percentile). She's growing well and continues to be a happy, healthy baby. Out of curiosity, we checked out Mazie's 2 month blog post, and we could easily just copy and paste a lot of what we said about Mazie at this age! Like her big sister, Thena is giving us lots of smiles and is also a big fan of her mobile, as shown here:


She's also holding herself up a lot more and likes to "stand" on her strong little legs (with lots of support, of course). One difference is that we apparently got Mazie in the swimming pool pretty darn early... she had already been swimming a couple of times by 2 months. So we'll have to get Thenes in the pool soon, too. And of course, the other big difference is that Athena has a big sister to "mess on" her. So much love!



I started back to work this past week, just working 1 full day and 2 half days.... We had mixed results, with Athena refusing to take a bottle most of the time. It seems like she'll take it when she's completely happy, but when she was upset and Caleb or Ahya tried to give her the bottle it just made her mad -- so mad that nothing could calm her down and they both ended up getting in the car and bringing her to me at work. So this week I will probably do most of my work from home or from the Louisville Library while we're figuring this out. Just makes me very grateful for my flexible work schedule and the fact that I'm going to be part time for the next month or so.... I think the transition went pretty smoothly when I started my job in Madison and Caleb was home full time with Mazie, but she was 3 1/2 months old by then and I did also work from home quite a bit at the beginning. Anyway, we'll just take it one day at a time and try to make it as easy on everyone as possible... Watching how independent and grown up Mazie has become makes me appreciate this sweet time when Athena just needs her mama, so even if it's a little inconvenient at times I want to be there for her as much as I can.

No comments: