It has started.
Today was Lexi's and Athena's last day of school. We let the kids decide whether or not to go to school tomorrow (Fri), and the two of them decided to have Thurs be their last day. Mazie will go tomorrow.
Alexa's class prepared a surprise dance number for her. They wrote her cards and gave speeches. There was so much crying. It was beautiful.
Athena also had a class party with speeches. According to Caleb, they mostly went, "When Athena came here, she was so quiet and hardly talked at all. But then she got very comfortable and talkative." Athena also gave a speech, very comfortably and confidently. She said something like, "When I first got here, I was kind of upset and didn't want to be here. So I sat by myself - it seemed like the right way to do it. But at some point I decided to change that, and now I've made so many friends, and I got this shirt that everyone signed, and it's a lot more fun!"
Tonight Caleb and I had our own going away party with our grown up friends. It's hard to find words... it was so lovely to spend time with these amazing humans we've connected with. So many gifts, beyond the physical ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment