Saturday, November 9, 2013

Halloween and Fall Fun 2013

Once again, international travel affords me the time for some overdue updates….  From the Frankfort airport, en route to Ghana, here are some Halloween pictures. 

After last year’s pirate debacle, Caleb and I went back to our “zombie medical people” costumes (to go with our haunted hospital house).  Mazie was a vampire, and Athena was a “monster kitty cat.”  (Mazie did her make-up.)



On Saturday the 26th we participated in Louisville’s annual Monsterdash kids’ races.  Mazie, Miles, and Olivia ran in the big kid race, and then Athena, Carleigh, and I did the “Spooky Sprint.”


Athena was really excited about the race ahead of time, but when it started she got very pouty and made me carry her.  When I asked her afterwards what happened, she told me that she “didn’t like the monkey.”  
 
A guy in a gorilla suit led the race, and Thenes told us that even though she knew “there is a Daddy in there” (i.e., it was not a real gorilla), it was still scary. 






Later that weekend I took the girls to Cottonwood Farm and they posed for some pictures….


On Halloween morning, Mazie got to participate in her elementary school’s parade: the whole school marched downtown and trick-or-treated at the businesses along Main Street.  Mazie let her little sister tag along for a bit.







The girls had a great time trick-or-treating in our neighborhood on Halloween night.  After visiting each house and getting a piece of candy, Athena would ask, “My eat it?” and I would tell her, “Well, not quite yet.  Let’s go get some more.”   To which she would respond enthusiastically, “Yeah, get MORE!!!!”  All around, a pretty successful Halloween with some pretty cute little monsters.  Writing this from afar at the beginning of a 2 week trip, I miss those monsters already and can’t wait to get home and squeeze them again.



No comments: