Our little "Tiger" hits the 37 week mark today, meaning that he/she is officially full term and would be just fine if she/he decided to make an appearance now. I'm still counting on at least another week of work, so we're not in a huge rush, but the countdown is definitely on!
We are so excited to meet BabyBrotherSister. Ahya hosted a lovely baby shower last weekend and it was really nice to spend an afternoon just relaxing and focusing on Tiger's arrival... work, soccer, travel, house stuff, and Mazie have kept us so busy this summer that I haven't had many opportunities to just stop and contemplate what it's going to be like to meet another completely amazing human being. So the shower was great, and then on Monday evening Caleb and I had Ahya, Nana, and Lisa, our doula, over (while Mazie had a sleepover at Olivia's) and got to spend a whole evening talking about our plans and visions for the birth. With all of this, it's definitely becoming more real, though I still can't quite get my mind around the reality of having another child that I'm as crazy about as Mazie. I know in my head that I will be, but it just doesn't seem possible.
Also really curious to find out if BabyBrotherSister is a brother or a sister! Guesses have been skewing heavily in one direction, but I won't give it away just yet... take the poll and let us know what you think!
No comments:
Post a Comment