This past Saturday was Mom and Dad's 7th wedding anniversary. A couple of days earlier, they showed me their wedding video. I loved watching Mommy and Daddy and was especially interested in all of the flower girls: four of my cousins who are such big girls now but were so little at the wedding! I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to be a flower girl, and kept asking Mom WHY they decided to exclude me from this event. Somehow the fact that I wasn't born yet seemed like a lousy excuse to me. Mom said maybe sometime we can re-enact the wedding and I can be the flower girl. I asked if she could wear her beautiful dress, but she says she doesn't think it would fit over her huge belly.
Last night at dinner I looked over at Daddy and said very sweetly, "Daddy, at my wedding can you walk me down the steps?" Daddy made a strange face -- he was smiling but I also thought I saw tears in his eyes. Weird. Anyway, he said he would be honored, and gave me a really big hug.
Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment