
Mazie with a "camera smile" ready for her first day of school

Now THERE's a better smile!
I started preschool this week! I'm going to Our School, a small cooperative preschool, two mornings a week. I've gone to visit a few times with my cousin, Livi, but on Tuesday I had my first day in the class all by myself. Well, not really by myself... there are 6 other kids and two teachers, and then one parent stays for each class, too. Anyway, I had a GREAT time on Tuesday! Mom dropped me off, and I promptly changed into a swimming suit because we were going to play with the water table that day.

The teachers like us to do things by ourselves, and that works well for me -- I took off my clothes and hung them up all by myself! Mom seemed to linger around for a while... I was too busy playing with all the fun stuff to pay too much attention to her. When she finally left she gave me a hug and I said, "Bye Mom! Love you!" I had lots of fun playing with the kids, and I'm really excited to go back for my second class tomorrow!
Even though I'm just starting preschool, my days have been pretty busy and very different since we moved to Colorado. For the first two years of my life Dad was home with me all day every day, and Mom worked from home sometimes and then spent afternoons and evenings with me. I hardly ever spent time away from BOTH of my parents. When we moved to Colorado, Dad started working part time, too. This meant that I got to spend time with a bunch of other people... Aunt Jen, Aunt Michelle, Nana, Ahya, and several different babysitters. It's been a little crazy moving around so much and having a busier schedule, but I LOVE it! It's been so great to hang out with my extended family and new friends.... Fridays are "Ahya Fridays" and we have so much fun playing together. Ahya lets me do things at my own pace, which can be kind of leisurely... she took me to the zoo a while ago and we only saw a few animals since I like to take my time! But Ahya doesn't mind -- she's very patient and just enjoys letting me do my own things!
And then there's my cousin Olivia. Since Dad and Aunt Jen work together, Livi and I have gotten to spend a TON of time together, and we're not just cousins anymore... we're BEST FRIENDS! I have so much fun with her -- we play all kinds of games together, we share things, we tell each other jokes, and we rarely fight. Considering the fact that she's 3 and I'm 2, it's pretty impressive how well we get along. We'll see each other a little bit less now that I'm going to be in school on Tuesday and Thursday mornings (she goes Monday/Wednesday/Friday), but I'll still get to spend plenty of time with O-LIV-I-AAAAAAA!
All in all, I'm still a super happy kid with lots to say and lots of jokes to tell. I LOVE to tell stories and talk about my friends, many of whom Mom and Dad have never met. One friend is "Aso" -- I talk about him (or her... it varies) all the time. Today in the car I was asking Mom, "Do you know Aso?" Mom said she didn't, so I explained, "Aso is a girl who saves the day." I proceeded to list a bunch of other friends who also save the day, including Fifi and Biba. Mom asked what they were saving the day from, and I told her, "Washington." That made Mom wonder if I've been attending too many Tea Parties or something. Who knows where I get this stuff!
1 comment:
great post, little miss! You are a very talented writer at such a young age :) Tomorrow is Ahya Friday!!
Love, Ahya
Post a Comment