Mom, Dad and I went to Bellingham, WA, for Thanksgiving. We stayed at Nanny and Papa's house the whole week. Avia flew from Colorado to meet us there and Uncle Ty Ty and Aunt Sara are living there now, too. Uncle Logan couldn't make the trip because he's Canadian now. We also got to see Auntie CaCa (Nanny's sister), Nunu (Nanny's mom), and Sara's whole family: Sharon and Rick and her brother Zack.
I had the best time ever. Every day I was surrounded by so many people who love me. Every half hour someone new would walk through the door and I would greet them with an enthusiastic rendition of their name.
On Tuesday, we went to Canada and I got to ride a Skytrain. We went to Science World for a few hours and then headed into downtown Vancouver for dinner.
On Thursday, we ate more food than I've ever seen in my entire life. Uncle Ty Ty is a chef and he and Sara orchestrated a beautiful meal with turkey, mashed potatoes, two kinds of stuffing (we had two turkeys), a squash casserole, a green bean casserole, two jell-o molds, a salad, gravy, apple pie, pecan pie, and pumpkin pie. I ate a little bit of everything, but I did not have seconds...until Friday morning.
I've started talking in short sentences more often this week.
"Ae Saar go wis ew?" - Translation - "Aunt Sara go with you (aka me)?"
"Mamee wa mo tukey." - Translation - "Mazie want more turkey."
I also walked into the bathroom and pooped in the shower. I came out and told everyone, but no one really believed me. I should mention that I also pooped in the potty a couple of times this week -- this is a hobby I've been working on for a couple of months now. I think I'll probably stick to mostly using my diapers for a while, but it's fun to pee and poop in the potty every now and then.
All in all it was a great trip. Now I'm back home with just Mom and Dad and my dogs and cat. It's nice to be home, but I'm sure going to miss having so many loving faces around me. Thank goodness for Skype!
No comments:
Post a Comment