Saturday, November 14, 2009

ER

Well, I'm almost a year-and-a-half and today I finally visited the Emergency Room. Dad, Mom and I had lunch down on State Street and on the way back to the car we had to cross the street. Dad took my hand and we ran across the street together. I stumbled half way and instead of letting me fall, Dad held on to my hand and swung me back up onto my feet. He does this all the time, but it turns out that he shouldn't. This time he managed to dislocate my elbow. When we got to the other side of the street I made it pretty clear that I was in pain. Daddy knew just what was wrong. He asked me to put both of my hands up in the air and I just raised one. Mommy and Daddy thought that I had probably hurt my shoulder or my elbow, but they weren't sure. So, we drove to the hospital to get me checked out. I fell asleep on the way there.



Then I woke up.



(This one is me following Dad's instruction to make a "happy face." Hey, YOU try making a happy face with a dislocated elbow.)

The people at the hospital were very nice, but they weren't able to fix my elbow for me. I did, however, impress them all with my knowledge of stethoscopes. They gave me a sling to wear home and now I have to wait until Monday to go see Dr. Blaise.




It's not that bad. I mostly just use my right arm to do everything. It's really frustrating when I fall down though, and climbing is pretty much out of the question. Those are probably two of my favorite activities.

I'm just lucky that I have Mommy's milk and Tylenol to comfort me.

1 comment:

Wes said...

Good thing Mazie is tough. Get well and back to climbing soon!