I took my first trip out of the US this weekend! We went to St. Catharines, Ontario, for Andrew and Noella's wedding. It was a great trip -- the weather was beautiful, the scenery was amazing, and best of all, we got to spend time with great friends. I even made some new friends, like Noella's parents, Barb and Don, and other relatives who played with me while Mom and Dad went out for pre-wedding festivities, and Dave and Janie, the owners of the bed and breakfast where we stayed in Niagara-on-the-Lake, who liked me so much they let Mom and Dad leave me with them while they went to the wedding ceremony! Mom came and picked me up after the ceremony, and we joined the party just as the reception was getting underway. The wedding was at a beautiful spot overlooking the Niagara River (the falls weren't too far away -- we visited them earlier in the day). I had a GREAT time playing with other kids (more new friends), especially this big kid Josie and her little brothers. During the dinner there were lots of speeches which got a little boring for me (Mom and Dad really seemed to be enjoying them, tho) so I decided to go take a swim in the fountain in front of the restaurant. Then we got to the dancing, which was really fun! Josie tried to take a break from dancing with me, but I eventually managed to drag her back out onto the dance floor. I was having so much fun I didn't want to go to sleep, but when I started leaning into Mom and closing my eyes in the middle of the Chicken Dance, Dad put me in my car seat and within one lap around the parking lot I was fast asleep. Dad brought me in (still in my seat) and I slept soundly in the coat check area until the party ended around 1:30 am! Congratulations, Andrew and Noella, and thanks for including us in your special day!
We had long layovers in Chicago on the way to and from the wedding. Luckily, there was a great Children's Museum play area in the O'Hare airport, so I spent lots of time there!
1 comment:
Thank you for celebrating with us Mazie!!! love Noella & Andrew
Post a Comment