Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sign Language

As many of you know, I am pretty good at sign language. I don't have too many words that I can say with my mouth, but my hands are getting pretty good.

Tonight, after dinner, I was feeling a little sleepy from my long day. I watched Dad's soccer game (1-0 victory over a previously undefeated team)and then I did some gardening with Mom. Sometimes my parents don't know exactly what I want so I walked up to my mom and rubbed my eyes. That's sign language for "I'm tired." Then, I rubbed both of my hands on my chest which means, "bath." When the first two pieces of the puzzle were understood, I reminded Mom about the milk I would need after my bath by squeezing my hands open and shut a few times.

It's probably the longest continuous communication I've had with my parents so far.

I'll catch you all later,
Z

No comments: