Monday, May 18, 2009

"Bye-Bye"

My parents are officially ready to announce that I have said my first word. I've been saying "Da" for a while now, while pointing at our dogs (or cat), but I guess they didn't think that was quite clear-cut enough to be considered my first word. About a week ago, Mom, Dad, and I were playing in my room, and then I decided to get up and walk down the hallway. About halfway down the hall, I stopped, turned around, waved, and (enunciating very carefully so they wouldn't miss it) said "Bye-Bye." Even then they weren't sure if it was a fluke, but I've managed to convince them that I know what I'm saying. Yesterday Mom and I was driving home from Dad's soccer game and I told her a 10 minute-long story consisting entirely of "Bye Bye" and "Da!" (Mom and Dad have also figured out that I always point when I say "Da," whether or not there is any "Da" in the vicinity.)

Oh, I have so much more to say.... Stay tuned.

No comments: