Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Miss Mazie is Five Months Old

I turned five months old last week (16 lbs 6 oz) and boy do I have a lot to report... our internet has been pretty shoddy lately so we haven't been doing a good job of keeping you up to date.

At the end of September Avia came to visit. It was so great to see her and show her my tricks. I miss her a lot but I know she loves me very much.


Then we went to the cottage again at the beginning of October... we already told you about that. What we didn't tell you is that I also went to Milwaukee with Dad, Grandpa, and Grandma to visit my Great Nana! She was nice enough to hold me so I thought I should give her a BIG hug and kiss.


Next we went to Chicago and saw Grand Uncle Gordon and Aunt Stephanie, and our friend Claire. My favorite part was playing on the swing at a downtown park!


Then Aunt Jen and my cousin Olivia came to visit from Colorado. We had so much fun. My cousin can do so many things -- she can even walk and feed herself!! I wonder if I'll ever grow up to be big like her.


Even though I'm not big like my cousin yet, I have been working on some big kid skills. I'm getting better and better at sitting up, even though I still fall over occasionally. And this past weekend, Mom and Dad FINALLY caught on to the hints I've been giving them (like trying to eat a piece of paper... Dad pulled a wad of it out of my mouth after noticing that I'd been chewing on it for a while) and gave me some FOOD! For my first meal, I had a little bit of rice cereal mixed with breastmilk. It was yummy, and also a lot of fun to play with. (Dad's got a better video that he'll post soon, but this will do for now.)

>

Finally, on Monday I saw my first snow! It only lasted for ten minutes or so and didn't stick to the ground, but I have a feeling I'll be seeing a lot more of that white stuff in the next few months. Luckily, Dad got me a nice warm coat so I'm all ready!


That's all for now!! You can click here to see more pictures... I sure am cute.

No comments: