Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sweet Mazie James



Well, I’m one month old and even though I live about 2,000 miles from most of my relatives, I’ve been loved and held by so many of them.

I’ve met:
1 Great Grandparent (Thelma)
5 Grandparents (Tracy, Steve, Karen, Gil, Christina)
3 Uncles (Tyler, Logan, Michael)
2 Aunts (Alaya, Sara)
2 Cousins (Lily, Abby)
1 Grand Uncle and 1 Grand Aunt (Dave and Geni)
1 First Cousin Twice Removed (Christy)
743 Friends of the family (Uncles Andrew, Cousin Miles, Aunts Allison…we don’t have time…)

And in one trip to Colorado, I’ll meet almost everyone else:
3 Great Grandparents (Gpa, Barb, Peg)
2 Grandparents (Jeff, Ann)
2 Uncles (Ian, Rich)
3 Aunts (Michelle, Jennie, Shannon)
and 6 Cousins (Mia, Maggie, Olivia, Haylie, Katelyn, and Crosby)

I’ve been so lucky to have so much love, attention and care given to me in my first month of life. I may not remember all of the details and all of the sweet things that were said, but I’ll never forget how it felt to be so loved and welcomed into the world.

Thank you to my whole, big, loving family. Including first cousins once removed like Emily Blong and grand uncles like Stu Howard and grand Auntie Tanina Divanzo and … wow. I’m gonna have my dad start figuring out how I’m related to everyone he knows.

-Mazie

2 comments:

allison said...

Sweet Baby Mazie, we are so thankful to count your Mom and Dad as our friends. My heart swells when I watch them with you, so obviously adoring you and enjoying the beginning of this special journey as your parents. It's also fun to watch my Tobin interact with you. Even after we left yesterday, he kept asking if we were going back to "Baby Mazie's house." We'll be sad to see you and your parents move far away, but we take great joy in knowing that you're moving on to make this world a better place. And we know that we'll remain in touch over the years, and , who knows, maybe you and Tobin can get to know each other better--if you're Dad doesn't think he's too old for you. :) Matt, Tobin, and I love y'all very much!

Andrew Lupien said...

Good singing Dad! Mazie is so beautiful...can't wait to hold her.
Love,
Elizabeth (and Andrew and Allison B.C. and Eric in NH).