Oh hey there, blog. It's been a minute.
It’s Election Eve 2024 and boy are there a lot of feelings. I am trying to figure out how to survive the next few days/weeks… who knows how long it will take to have a result, and who knows what chaos, and possibility, that result will birth. Living with this uncertainty is brutal. I want to fast forward but I also don’t, afraid of what I might see. I’ve also been cycling through phases of wanting to mentally & emotionally prepare myself, somehow, for the outcome that terrifies me, and wanting to live with and hold onto a space of hope and joy and opportunity that a Kamala Harris presidency carries for me, for as long as possible. If suffering is ahead, why suffer now? So I’m trying to stay in that hopeful place, and also to remind myself of the good and light that will continue to exist in the world no matter what happens. The absolute beauty of my mountains and this big, wide, gorgeous natural world. My magical and ridiculous children. My parents and my siblings and my wonderful partner and my whole loving family and my wider community of friends and neighbors who support me and work with me and play with me and imagine with me. All of the passionate and caring and inspiring people I see and connect with, who I know will continue loving and fighting and working to make the world better. All of that is mine – ours – to have and to hold, no matter what this week brings.

No comments:
Post a Comment