The Zaeby here. Here's what you need to know about me right now:
- I am 10 months and almost 2 weeks old.
- I am very mobile. I've been crawling for over 3 months, pull up to standing on anything I can find, and can stand pretty well for 30 seconds or so. If you hold my hands (or even just one of them), I will walk walk walk. I haven't really tried taking a step on my own yet, but that's not far off. I'm working up to it.
- I have an enormous appetite and will eat absolutely anything you put in front of me. It's hard to even say what my favorite foods are since I really will gobble up just about anything. I routinely eat more for dinner than my sister Athena.
- I wave "hi" and "bye bye," do the sign for "more," and give kisses. I love to babble and am making lots of different sounds... da da da, dla dla dla, ma ma ma ma, ba ba ba ba ba.
- I am silly. I like to scrunch up my face and snort -- apparently my Aunt Jen used to do this when she was a baby, and Grandpa and Nana called it her "Snuffalupagus."
- I routinely sleep 12 or more hours at night in my own crib. Neither of my big sisters did that... really ever.
- I stopped nursing when I was a little over 8 months old. When I was 6 months old, I started having some formula along with Mama's milk since I hadn't gained enough weight since my 4 month checkup. Unlike my sisters, I've sucked my fingers since I was little and stopped nursing for comfort pretty early, so I guess my lower demand led mama to have lower supply, and eventually I just switched over to bottles. While Mama was a little sad to be done nursing for the last time, there are definitely upsides. It certainly made it easy for all of us when Mom went to Ghana for 9 days in November. I am happy and healthy.
- I love my big sisters. Athena plays fun games and roughhouses with me, which I actually like (usually). Mazie is gentle and adoring. They both make me smile and laugh. I'm pretty lucky.
- I still have blond hair and blue eyes. I look a lot like baby pictures of Mazie, but people have also said I look like my Papa Steve.
- I am a fabulous, sweet, smiley, social baby, and everybody loves me.



No comments:
Post a Comment