Athena is a very calm child. She makes our lives very easy. Sometimes, in the car, she cries a bit. All we have to do is find a station that is really rockin it and we're fine. If we find easy going music, she's unhappy. But, if we can find something with a beat and some action, she's quiet as a mouse.
Tonight, she was crying in her crib (which is in the South wing of the Old Louisville Hospital on the second floor) and I went to her. Nothing was working. I tried to pat her belly, give her a pacifier, sshhh her and telepathically convince her that she wanted to fall asleep.
Screaming.
I decided to sing to her...which never really works for me...and, like usual, it didn't work. Then, an idea hit me.
"She's a brick----house. She's the one, the only one, who's built like an amazon" I was snapping and moving and singing it like it should be sung. She immediately stopped crying and fell asleep within a couple of minutes.
Unreal.
No comments:
Post a Comment