Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Thoughts from Dad

I'm constantly amazed by Mazie and all of her thoughts. Last night we had dinner with Deserai, Jason and Anderson. They just lost their family member, Keeley, the beloved golden retriever, to cancer. Not too long ago (July '10) we gave one of our dogs, Roxie, away to another family before we left Wisconsin. On the drive home, we were talking about Roxie and Mazie asked, "Is Roxie sad?" We said, "Oh no. Roxie has a new mommy that loves her very much and gives her all of the attention she needs." Mazie then thought about it and said, "But...is she sad about us?"

I told her about "missing" someone and that Roxie probably missed us and was sad when she thought about that, but she is happy most of the time. She asked Katie and I if we missed Roxie and we told her that we did.

At some point all of this stuff just becomes normal and you expect a human being to think, feel, communicate, etc. It's just so crazy to watch a 2-year-old go through those stages. As Katie said, "I expected these types of conversations to happen when she was 5."

I'm not sure what goes on in that little brain of hers, but she always seems to be using it.

That's her Dad talking though....

No comments: