Having mastered the declaratory sentence (examples: "This my daddy." "Mazie pee potty." "Mommy go work." "Beetle is insect."), I've recently taken on more complex uses of languages.
1. Questions
These are neat 'cuz they help me learn about what's going on around me. Most of my questions involve "what" and "where" -- I'm working my way up to "how" and "why." Some examples:
"What this one name is?" (I call people that I don't know "this one.")
"What this one doing?"
"Where daddy go?"
"What Wiley doing?"
"Who's on the phone?"
"What Mommy talking?" (In response to Mommy practicing a work presentation.)
"What this is?" (I use this a lot with my newly developed drawing skills -- I like to draw something and then quiz Mom and Dad on what I've drawn. Usually, the correct answer is, "Seaweed.")
and, in the sweetest voice possible,
"Mommy, would you help me?"
2. Exclamations
These are really fun -- they help me show how excited or upset or just silly I am. Also, I've learned a few phrases that Mommy and Daddy don't seem too happy about... which makes them even more fun! Examples:
"Oh wow!"
"Oh dear!"
"It's awesome!"
"Holy cow!"
"Holy crap!" (This is one of those borderline ones... I learned it from Daddy and Mommy doesn't seem to like it when I say it. One exception: I used this in response to a poopy diaper the other day, and Mom thought that was really funny!)
and of course...
"Oh sh*t!" (Mommy and Daddy argue over which one of them taught me this... I've actually heard both of them say it, although they seem to be more careful about what they say in front of me these days. Every now and then I'll blurt this out just to see their faces -- they try not to laugh but I can tell they think it's funny. Just wait 'til I start going to school!)
1 comment:
Well, if Biden can drop the F bomb on National TV, then Mazie can surely learn to use it in the privacy of her own home. "Potty-mouth" Nanny will try to teach this to her when we visit in April. Shouldn't take but a few tries....
Post a Comment