I've been going to swimming class with Mommy for about a month. I swam a lot this summer and am pretty comfortable in the water, so Mommy decided to move me up to the class for 2 year olds, which is different from my old class because now I have to get in the pool by myself -- Mommy doesn't come in with me anymore. I had my first big kid class last Monday and Mom prepared me by telling me all week that I was going to get in the pool by myself. On the way to class I repeated over and over, "Mazie go in swimming pool by SELF." Mom was still a little worried about how I'd do, but when we got the class, I jumped right to my teacher and didn't even look back. I had a great class with two other little boys. I did a great job waiting my turn and having fun in the water.
With about 10 minutes left in class, Mom noticed that I wasn't smiling quite as much, and then with about 6 minutes left, I saw Mom watching me and started to get sad... my lower lip started to quiver and I was about to lose it, but then my teacher announced that it was MAGIC CARPET TIME!
All in all, it was a lot of fun, and I'm excited to go back to swimming class tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment