We've been really busy (in a fun way) this month. On March 5, Avia came to visit! We had lots and lots of fun, enjoying some warm weather and spending some time outside at the park.
Then it got cold and rainy again over the weekend, but that was okay because we went to the pool and I made some real progress with my swimming! I've been kicking and kicking whenever I get in the water, so Mom finally just let me go and I swam underwater for a few seconds at a time! Our last swimming class was last week, and I impressed everyone with my new skills-- even the other big kids couldn't swim like me!
Then last weekend, Mom and Dad and the dogs and I we went up to the cottage. We've been meaning to get up there all winter, and on the way up we were afraid we'd missed the winter-- most of the snow was gone along the road. But once we got up to the cottage we were excited to find out that it was still winter up there-- the lakes were still frozen enough to support ice fishermen and even some SUVs! Even better, we got some wonderful, sunny 40-degree weather on Saturday, so our whole crew (including the dogs) packed up and walked across the lakes to Pine Isle and back! It was a great little mini-vacation.
We drove back from the cottage on Sunday and got back just in time to pick Nana up from the bus station -- she had some work to do in St. Paul and then took a Greyhound bus down to see us for the week! Like Avia, she brought some gorgeous weather along from Colorado. For St. Patrick's Day today we had bright sun and temperatures in the 70s! Mom took the afternoon off, and we lounged around at the park with Lolly, Henry, and Charlie for a while, and then met David, Sejal, and Sheryl at the Memorial Union terrace to soak up more sunshine!
I had so much fun today that I only took one short nap... and then fell asleep at dinner in my high chair!
I think it's supposed to cool down again tomorrow, but we have sure enjoyed our little doses of spring and can't wait until it's here for good! Here are a whole bunch more pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment