Monday, January 19, 2009

Funny Girl

So as we've noted before, Mazie is a consistently happy kid who smiles a ton, but we usually have to work pretty hard to make her laugh. The other night, as Madison temperatures dropped into the negative teens, we decided as a family to get out of the house and try Lombardino's Italian Restaurant.

Through trial and error, we've learned that if we plop M into her highchair right when we get to the table, she invariably gets bored and wants to get out... right as our food arrives. So it works better to keep her out of the chair until we're ready to eat. That night we were lucky enough that the Lombardino's hostess sat us in a booth -- Mazie loves to stand on the seat and hold on to the back. I set her down next to me and she reached into her diaper bag, pulled out a packet of wipes, looked over at me mischievously and let out a giggle. That made me laugh, which made her laugh harder. And then we were both just giggling uncontrollably. I laughed so hard, I cried. It was a great moment -- the first time I've really gotten to laugh with my daughter, not blowing raspberries on her stomach or tickling her... just laughing together. I'm still not sure what was so funny, but I look forward to lots more laughter with my little funny girl.

- Katie

1 comment:

Nicki said...

This is a wonderful story Katie. I had no idea that Mazie's blog existed until today -- I am looking forward to checking it out!